Title: Sales Representative
Accountable To: Board of Directors
Salary: Commission paid quarterly
Do you like to build relationships?
Do you value setting your own schedule? In addition to flexibility, we offer a career where the better you are at your job, the more you will get paid.
Media for Living, publisher of Valley Living magazine, seeks to hire a sales representative. As part of the sales team, you will sell print and online advertising and be responsible for developing advertising leads. Must be self-motivated with a desire to meet or exceed sales goals. Experience in publishing and sales a plus. Flexible schedule – set your own hours. For more information, visit valleyliving.org. Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]
1. Initiate sales calls to prospective and current clients. Primary focus on quarterly print publication with emerging online advertising opportunities.
2. Develop advertising sales leads by utilizing various resources such as Internet, other publications and media sources, and the local news.
3. Accurately quote rate information; provide media kit to client and present advertising proposals to clients.
4. Document sales efforts and maintain up to date customer and prospect records, and complete required documentation for contracts and advertising schedules.
5. Be a team player and communicate with graphic designer during the creative process. Provide proof to client and final sign off of ads.
6. Work with manager in resolving accounts with outstanding balances.
7. Maintain rack distribution of LIVING at client locations.
8. Proficient and comfortable with computer technology including PDF’s, email, Internet research, Word and Excel.
9. Consistent and punctual attendance at quarterly staff production meetings, and/or other meetings as assigned.