1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix, chicken or turkey flavored
1/2 to 3/4 cup butter, melted
3 cups diced zucchini (frozen, thawed and drained is fine) OR 1 quart frozen green beans (cooked and drained)
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken or turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (10 3/4 ounces) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix and melted butter.
2. Add the chopped zucchini (or green beans), making sure to drain it well if it’s been frozen (or cooked).
3. Add the shredded carrots, chicken or turkey and chopped onions.
4. Stir in cream of chicken soup and sour cream.
5. Transfer the mixture to a greased 2 quart baking dish or 8×8 inch casserole dish.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (or until the top starts to brown nicely). Serves 4-6
This dish can be doubled easily, eating one dish and freezing the other, unbaked, for another night.
From the blog Thy Hand Hath Provided, written by “Jane”. This recipe and many others can be found in Jane’s cookbook by the same name. Find ordering information on her website at www.thyhandhathprovided.com/p/the-cookbook.html.